Friday, August 26, 2011

Fiber Festival!!

I was able to go to a fiber festival in my area recently and I had a marvelous time with a friend of mine. We were able to purchase quite a bit. I am looking forward to showing you what I bought but first I want to show you some pictures of some of the animals that were there.


OK here is Humphrey the Camel!

Isn't he magnificent?

And here are a few pictures of some of the alpacas that were there.


I love alpacas they are so cute!

This one had a little baby that wasn't very old.

And here is a llama! A lot of people confuse llamas and alpacas but I think they look nothing alike.


And of course it wouldn't be a fiber festival without a few angora rabbits.

I'm not sure what this fiber is but I thought it looked neat in this very large bag.


More fiber!!!

And this is some Romney roving. I was tempted to buy some but I decided that I would rather get unprocessed Romney and card it myself.


And here is what I bought!

These are roving tidbits that one of the vender's had. I have something in mind for them but you will just have to wait and see what I come up with.



And this is a try me pack. It is full of different wools some of them are Shetland, Merino, and Corridale.


I love all the colors!


And here are my washed  Romney locks!! I purchased half a pound each of the 2 colors I can't wait till I get my hand carders and can start carding this up!!

Such a lovely color!

I also purchased some unwashed and unskirted corridale,merino, and dorset blend fleece. I am excited to start working with this as well. The booth I purchased this fleece at was by far my favorite booth at the festival. The lady had little cards out by all the fleeces and roving's telling you about the sheep it came off of. And she also gave you a card telling about the animal you purchased the fleece or roving from.

Such a marvelous chocolate color!


And finally here is some llama/polworth roving that I purchased! I cannot wait til I have a spindle free to start working on this fiber! It is so soft I am looking forward to whatever I make out of it I'm sure it will be incredibly soft.



Well that's all I have for now. I hope you enjoyed your peak into the festival I went to! I am looking forward to going to a few more festivals this year.  I hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of warmth before fall weather hits.







No comments:

Post a Comment