Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cup Cozy Pattern

So I finally decided to try my hand at designing a knitting pattern. My aunt had asked me if I could make a cup cozy for a 1liter bottle of water so I decided to design one of my own. Here is the pattern and I hope you enjoy it and I hope you will let me know how yours turn out. :)  



                                                             Cup Cozy



Materials needed: size US #5 double pointed needles, 1 ball Sugar and Cream yarn (or a worsted weight cotton yarn.)

Yarn needle, scissors.

Note: This cozy will fit a 1 liter water bottle

Abbreviations:

K2tog= knit two stitches together.

Cast on 44 sts.



Divide evenly onto 3 double pointed needles. Join in round, being careful not to twist stitches. Knit 2, purl 2, around until tube measures 5 inches or desired length.

Purl 1 round.

*Knit 3, k2tog, knit 4, k2tog , repeat from * around. 36sts remain

Knit 1 round.

*Knit 4, k2tog, repeat from * around. 30sts remain

Knit 1 round.

*Knit 3, k2tog, repeat from * around. 24sts remain



*Knit 2, k2tog, repeat from * around. 18sts remain

Knit 1 round.

*Knit 1, k2tog, repeat from * around. 12sts remain

Knit 1 round.

*K2tog, repeat from* around. 6sts remain

Cut yarn, leaving a long tail. Thread yarn onto yarn needle and draw through remaining stitches. Pull tightly to close the hole. Turn cozy inside out and secure tail. Weave in your cast on tail. Reverse and it is ready to use.

And here is the finished product


No comments:

Post a Comment