Thursday, March 17, 2011

Baby toys.

It seems like spring is the time for baby's. I have a couple people I know that are expecting little ones and I thought it would be nice to make the baby's toys that they could use when they were little and when they got a little older.

I had recently ordered a book from knit picks called Itty Bitty Toys and it has wonderful patterns for reversible toys. I really bought the book specifically to make these reversible and I am so glad that I bought it because I have had so much fun knitting up these toys!

The first one I made is the frog and turtle. The turtle is supposed to have a flower on top of its shell but I am giving this toy to a baby boy so I decided to improvise and just put rectangles on his shell.

Here are some pictures of the finished frog and turtle.





These toys were a breeze to knit up and the book has detailed instructions if you are a beginning knitter.

I am currently working on another reversible but it isn't quite finished yet so be sure to check back in a few weeks for another post!

2 comments: