Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I hope ya'll had a wonderful holiday! My family and I went camping for the weekend and got to much sun but I had a wonderful holiday celebrating Americas freedom! The last month I have been working on my spinning and I have done some knitting but the majority of my time has been taken up with spinning. I have spun up a spindle full of the merino silk blend I'm guessing that I spun up about 2 oz. but I'm not sure on the exact amount. I love how the colors have come out in it as I have spun. I am spinning this merino silk in a lace weight and I will ply it together so I have a 2 ply yarn. I have also been spinning on my alpaca roving and I'm spinning that lace weight also. I know that is a lot of work to do 2 lace weight spinning projects at the same time but I am enjoying it so far. I have been spinning the merino silk but now that I have a spindle full I have switched to the alpaca. I will have to let the twist on the merino blend sit awhile so that it can relax, other wise it will tangle up with itself when I go to ply it.  In the knitting area I have knitted some more on my juneberry triangle and I am almost done with the last chart and then I will only have the edging chart left! I am super excited to get it done it looks so fuzzy and warm I almost wish it was cooler out so I can snuggle up with it. But I am enjoying the warm weather. I have finished 2 more reversible and I am working on a third one. I know that is a lot  of reversible toys to make but I still will need to make at least 3 or 4 more. I know a lot of people having babies this year! But I enjoy making them. So far I have made the turtle and frog which is featured in a blog I did a few months ago and I have done the lion/elephant and the sisters. The lion and elephant took me the longest because that one had the most  parts on it so that was a little more time consuming.  But they all turned out adorable and I am very happy about how they have all turned out. Well that's all I haev for now I hop ya'll have a good week.

1 comment: